Wednesday, November 18, 2009

No Cook Pizza Sauce


No Cook Pizza Sauce
Recipe from Thibeault's Table

I doubt you'll go back to store-bought pizza sauce once you try this no-cook pizza sauce created and shared by my friend Ann on her blog Thibeault's Table.

This is a recipe Ann devised after experimenting with several versions over the years. It is fabulous, and you can adjust the amount and ratio of herbs and seasonings according to your own preferences. It's my go-to pizza sauce.


1 -28 ounce can quality Italian Tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
fennel seed
oregano
Basil
2 to 3 Tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper

Puree tomatoes with the minced garlic. Grind the fennel seeds. Add the seeds and the oregano, basil, and the olive oil and mix together.

Ann notes that she uses a stick blender and blends all of these ingredients right in the can.

If you try Ann's recipe, I hope you like it as much as I do.


Please click HERE to return to Once Upon a Plate.